Newbies Questions (was: Hello)

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Fri Apr 25 15:21:37 UTC 2003

From: Ingo Hohmann <ingo at 2b1.de> asked (among other things)

>>I started to use Squeak (and thus smalltalk) two days ago in my ongoing
>>quest to find the ideal programming language for me.
Welcome in our community and on our mailing list!
You will find that this mailing list has a lot of traffic - often
more than 2.000 messages per month. Most of our subscribers
have no time to read it all. Informative mail titles are therefore
important. We have some subscribers on our list that answer
*really* quickly to questions from beginners, but 'Hello' is
not very informative. I changed the title in the hope that
some well-known fellows will answer some of your questions
that I cannot answer. :-)

> - is it possible to get the window size from within squeak?

Display fullBoundingBox extent

returns an instance of Point which gives the extent of
the window that is used by Squeak.

Greetings,
Boris