Viewing Failures in sUnit's TestRunner

Bryce Kampjes bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 26 21:59:06 UTC 2003

Anthony Adachi writes:
 > --- Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:

 > Right now, with sUnit, I'm including passing such info
 > in the asset description parameter. However, that
 > basically requires me to write the same expressions
 > twice. As in below, for instance...
 >
 > self assert: (fish shout) = 'shouting' description: (
 > 'expected: shouting was:', (fish shout))

I would just use

  self assert: (fish shout) = 'shouting'

When the test fails, I'd highlight "fish shout" and inspect it (from
the pop up menu).

Sometimes I stuff values into variables so they are easy to access in
the debugger. Any variable can be easily displayed and
inspected. Being able to use inspectors and explorers is wonderful
with complex structures.

Bryce