searching for text

Tim Olson tim at io.com
Mon Apr 28 14:09:47 UTC 2003

"Jason Rogers" <jacaetevha at fast-mail.org> wrote:
| I am trying to find a way to search through all the source code for a
| given text string.  I know there must be a way but I haven't figured
it
| out.  Anyone know?  (I tried to get to the Swiki to search there, but
it
| seems to be down...)

	Smalltalk browseMethodsWithSourceString: aString

should do what you want.  You can also get to it via the Paragraph
Editor menu by selecting the text you want to search, then invoke the
menu via the "yellow button" mouse button (middle button or <option>
click on Macintosh), then choose "more...", then "method source with
it".

	-- tim