[ENH][Refactoring] InstructionPrinter ([er][et][su][sm][cd] bysd it improves the InstructionPrinter hierarchy and remove duplicated logic)

Marcus marcus at ira.uka.de
Wed Apr 30 09:59:44 UTC 2003

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:00:13PM +0200, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> I'm reviewing this now for approval.
>
> I didn't understand the use of the new variable "bingo" which seems to
> be initialized, returned, but never updated?
>
> Can either of you explain it?

This variable was pushed down from AbtractIntructionPrinter, together
with the Method that returns it:

interpretNextInstructionUsing: aScanner

        bingo _ false.
        aScanner interpretNextInstructionFor: self.
        ^bingo

So this simply interprets all bytecodes, sets bingo to "true"
when seeing an IntVar reference, e.g.

pushReceiverVariable: offset

        bingo _ true

(this method in not in the changeset, it's allready there)

        Marcus