[ANN] [ENH] FillInTheBlankMorph Look

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Apr 30 19:27:56 UTC 2003

Hi diego

The problem is that while you will be doing that you will be linking
Morph to classes that would not rely on morph but just DisplayScreen.

I would not do this change. I imagine that we should find a much clever
way of notifying user. Avi suggested to me that we could have exception
that would be caught
and letting the used decide if he wants to put a UI or not for headless
image for examples.

I do not know if this is reasonable to do that but substituing the old
bar with a ProgressMorph is not a good solution. Ask the people who
want to have tiny images....

I think that we should remove the unnecessary dependency between
unrelated parts of Squeak. So mya be we should introduce an
architecture where one object is responsible of the look and feel and
that can be changed to put morph or displayScreen objects

Stef

On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 12:29 PM,
<diegogomezdeck at consultar.com> wrote:

> Hi Karl,
>
>> I always thought the progress bar for filing in stuff/ re compiling
>> could need a loving hand.
>
> It currently means 2 task:
>
> 1) Use ProgressMorph in all the places that make sense
> 2) Change the ProgressMorph look
>
> I'll made both.
>
>> Karl
>
> Diego

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/
different? ...  especially if,
  by doing something different, today might not be your last day on
earth" Calvin&Hobbes

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it..." Alan Kay.

Open Source Smalltalks: http://www.squeak.org,
http://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/smalltalk.html
Free books for Universities at
http://www.esug.org/sponsoring/promotionProgram.html