[ANN] [ENH] FillInTheBlankMorph Look

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 30 19:56:00 UTC 2003

Stephane Ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> The problem is that while you will be doing that you will be linking
> Morph to classes that would not rely on morph but just DisplayScreen.
Actually Diego would be simply maintaining the current system rather
than changing it; though it wuld look a lot nicer after his work!

> I would not do this change. I imagine that we should find a much clever
> way of notifying user. Avi suggested to me that we could have exception
> that would be caught
> and letting the used decide if he wants to put a UI or not for headless
> image for examples.
So far as I can tell to seems that the mechanism I suggested for the
filing out of pooldicts stuff would work quite reasonably. I still want
someone to suggest a better name than  'UIDefaultYesNotification'
though! A more carefully thought out way to include some information
with the exception would be useful; my hack just (ab)uses the
messageText. Did anyone have any thoughts on the changeset I proposed
(called FileOutUIRemove.1.cs) ?

The key item to separate progress notification from needing the UI
classes is to change the defaultAction to do nothing rather than display
the progress bar (well, modulo the stuff to make sure the block runs
etc). Then one has to find all the place where the exception could need
to be handled (which is actually pretty tricky and tedious - tools
would be good here) and handle it the right way.

tim
Useful random insult:- Can only remember her old passwords.