Latest VMMaker package on SM

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Aug 1 00:14:54 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 09:36 am, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> Finally, the hopeful-beta is there. It has the BC, Islands and
> non-CM-method stuff included to support experimentation. It seems
> to run ok for me.
>
> It is still not possible to generate a non-inlined VM completely.
> There is a strange problem with Interpreter>fetchByte when using
> the globalstruct stuff, along with a bunch of problem I found in
> B2Dplugin and others.

Have you tried this in a clean 3.6b image, and with the Squeak-3.4-1
package from Ian's site? I'm trying to develop plugins, and don't
know whether the 3.5 sources actually will work.

I can't compile it under Linux because I get undefined references to
insufficientMemorySpecifiedError and a few others that look like they
were added to InterpreterSimulator but not Interpreter.

These are undefined:

browserPluginInitialiseIfNeeded
browserPluginReturnIfNeeded
unableToReadImageError
insufficientMemorySpecifiedError

And of course DOUBLE_WORD_ORDER is still wrong in config.h (I'm using
GCC 3.2).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com