[ANN] TextFiles published on SqueakMap

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Aug 5 18:46:52 UTC 2003

Wow.  This looks fabulous.  Two issues:

Shouldn't encoding: be encodingNamed: ?  There will likely be
TextEncoding objects in the future, if there aren't already, for various
reasons.

The discussion of line-ending translation confuses me.  If you set
#none, will the behavior of *input* also be changed?  If you set #lf,
will that affect the input translation or just the output?  I believe
there should be two settings, really: input and output.  (and in that
case, #none is no longer needed, because it is simply #cr).  Also,
something like #any may be a good option for the input direction.

Or is input always #any ?  If so that clarifies it all for me, except
for the comment about #none.

Lex