how to get Croquet?

Martin Kuball MartinKuball at web.de
Tue Aug 5 21:02:42 UTC 2003

Am Montag, 4. August 2003 23:52 schrieben Sie:
> > Ah, waiting is so hard. At the moment I'm mainly interested
> > in how they do the OpenGL stuff. From what I figured out from
> > some mails here on the list they'r not using Ballod3D, right?
>
> Right. Err ... wrong. Well, it depends ;-) We are using the "basic support"
> which is provided by Balloon3D for handling certain (otherwise quite
> complex) issues with respect to cross-platform support. What's used from
> Balloon3D is effectively the equivalent of the wgl/glx/agl layers on the
> various operating systems, managing the OS-integration and windowing system
> problems.

Ah, this area is the most mysterious one to me. Maybe you can tell me in a
few sentences how the rendered image make it's way into the squeak world? I
mean in X you have this special OpenGL visual where all rendering goes to.
But in squeak I don't have an extra X window on the screen. So how and where
do you transport the bits from the OGL visual into the Morph?

Martin