GUI output testing

Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Wed Aug 6 00:59:39 UTC 2003

Hi Richard,

        There are actually several commercial testing utilities for
Windoze application development that can do automated GUI testing (one
that comes to mind is Vermont HighTest).  A technician in my old
department at work (this was several years ago) used it to test a
VisualBasic GUI we made for one of our call controllers.  It had a feature
where it could test different screen regions, windows, or controls for
changes and could compare against expected results.

        I wouldn't suggest that automated GUI (even graphical output
testing) is trivial, but it is possible and there are commercial examples
out there.  It can also be done without having a person in the loop for
regression testing.

                                                        -Dean

"Richard A. O'Keefe" <ok at cs.otago.ac.nz>
Sent by: squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
08/05/03 08:03 PM
Please respond to The general-purpose Squeak developers list