Building unusual plugins on Win32

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Aug 6 04:02:27 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have a plugin that links to some C/Fortran numerical libraries
(let's just say libcblas.a, for the purposes of this email).  I don't
want to compile this each time, since it is a bit of a pain.  I have
successfully compiled this plugin on Linux, where my vm directory structure
looks like:

/platforms
	/Cross
		/Plugins
			/LapackPlugin
				LapackPlugin.h      (C written by me)
				sqLapackMatrix.c    (C written by me)
				cblas.h             (C written by library writers)
	/unix
		/Plugins
			/LapackPlugin
				Makefile.inc        (sets up link options)
				libcblas.a	    (binary library file)
	/src
		/Plugins
			/LapackPlugin
				LapackPlugin.c      (C generated from Slang)

Things are a little bit different with Windows.  From what I
understand, the counterparts to both the /unix and /src directories
should be put under the /platforms/win32 directory (I find this a bit
confusing, and prefer the unix convention of separating generated
sources from platform-specific sources).  I tried this, but it appears
to ignore the Makefile.inc, and therefore can't link to the binary
library.

Can someone please set me straight?

Thanks,
Joshua