Interactive Story Question

jlonglan at uwo.ca jlonglan at uwo.ca
Wed Aug 6 19:54:26 UTC 2003

I'm continuing my work on creating an Interactive Story.  I've played with the
BookMorph/StackMorph and they don't quite fit my needs.  I'm currently looking
at the GeeMailMorph...  but I'm still not too sure if it will do what I'm
trying to do.  What am I trying to do?  Well, it sounds quite simple - but I
haven't had much luck up to this point, so here goes:  I'd like to create a
scrollable text box.  Within the text there will be keywords that when clicked,
open an interactive exercise.  Ideally, the activities will lie invisible and
simply become visible when the appropriate keyword is clicked.  It would be
ideal to have the activities drag-able so students can move the windows where
they want.  My questions are - if I create an exercise of some sort, how should
I be saving it so that it can be opened in the manner described above.  I've
looked at ProjectView, but can I have the project open in a window instead of
taking over the whole screen?  My goal is to have the textbox centered in the
screen, with the interactive exercises surrounding the textbox.  Can anyone
offer some advice or suggestions?