MorphicWrappers and Collections

Frits Swinkels frits.swinkels at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 6 21:21:27 UTC 2003

Does there exist in the world of MorphicWrappers a way of displaying and
interacting with a list of objects with a scrolling capability?

First, there is the question whether such "wrapped' collections are needed
at all. After all we have easy access to ListMorphs and HierarchicalList
Morphs. The problem here is that the right mouse menu is completely
different from that of  the other wrappers in the world. The matter of
dragging items from and to the list is of course nicely settled.

Starting a wrapper on a collection gives an  ObjectExplorer,  that shows
the individual items of the collection with one mouse click; only suitable
for smaller lists.

If such a beast does not exist already, did the team in Buenos Aires have
some conceptual ideas? I googled for all of this without a hint.

In the absence of  other ideas, I will try for a specialized wrapper (

Finally, is squeak-dev still the proper venue for this sort of specialized
question, although in a sense we are talking Naked Objects Squeak-style.