[ENH][FIX][VM] Root-bit problem solved

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Aug 6 22:36:29 UTC 2003

Ok, but what about

totalObjectCount _ self adjustAllOopsBy: bytesToShift.

where bytesToShift is zero, and in adjustAllOopsBy you do
bytesToShift = 0 ifTrue: [ ^ nil ].
thus setting totalObjectCount to zero which is needed to be non-zero in
initializeMemoryFirstFree: ?

You could use one of the header words on the save to remember
totalObjectCount ,
On the read if that word is zero I think you'd need to change the if
logic to do the count even if bytesToShift is zero?

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 03:01  PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Attached is a CS which fixes both the root-bit problem as well as
> cleaning
> up the external prims upon image save, thus removing the need to do
> multiple
> OM enumerations when starting the image.--
===