[BUG]Picking up morphs with the hand.

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Thu Aug 7 09:41:30 UTC 2003

Ned Konz wrote:

> On Thursday 24 July 2003 08:29 am, Karl Ramberg wrote:
> > > However... the two rectangles don't seem to be merging.
> >
> > Seems like you are right, and a fix would be nice :-)
>
> What do they say?
>
> "patches welcome"...

I did some timing :

[ActiveHand grabMorph: preferences3815 . World doOneCycle] timeToRun 880
Here the morph is drawn two times. Double drawing also happens on
dropping morphs!

[preferences3815 changed. World doOneCycle] timeToRun 539
Morph drawn once.

[ActiveHand grabMorph: preferences3815 . ] timeToRun 2
No drawing.

The double drawing of the grabbed morph is a big performance hit on my
system !
As far as I can see the morph is added as a submorph to the hand and
sent a layoutChanged which
causes redrawing of the morph.
Then the hand does a fullDraw.
Maybe the hand needs a special version of adding a submorph  ?
Karl