Monticello Qs

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu Aug 7 21:38:40 UTC 2003

A couple of questions here -
* I don't know if that is the intent, but it would seem quite natural
that the repository list is the place where I manage all my repository.
If so, why should I be unable to use it until I've defined packages? I
should be able to add a repository, and then open a version from it.
* In the same vein, a Merge button would be useful there. BTW, the
innocent seeming label "load" is IMHO not scary enough for the operation
it stands for IIUC - "lose all my changes, replacing them with the
loaded package contents". Best I can find is "revert to...", but it
isn't very precise.
* I fixed some code before loading monticello, then loaded monticello.
Then I merged a previous existing MCV. In this scenario I've seen
several things I didn't quite understand.
- A created category was displayed as a conflict, while created classes,
methods and so forth don't. Any reason?
- Specifically with the RB, it seemed that some class extension methods
appeared as differences (but not conflicts). I don't notice anything
special about these methods. Any ideas? do you see this too?

Using MC 1.159.

Thanks,
Daniel