[ENH][Refactor] PLMCleanUpStart

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sun Aug 10 04:12:39 UTC 2003

On Saturday, August 9, 2003, at 09:34 PM, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> Doh. Difference between reviewing and testing. Deleted the width: line
> in my image, and all is good. The update effect is prettier.

Not sure what you mean by the "update effect".  (Just curious)

> Plus I
> actually think the "halos require precise click" thing is a feature,
> not
> a bug. Bringing up halos isn't a list operation.

Yes, I think it's pretty reasonable for halos to require a precise
click; it's not a list operation as you say.  If the StringMorph is
really only as wide as the string itself (as it is with these two
changesets installed), you should have to click directly on the string
to bring up the halo.

Also, another bonus is that the StringMorph halo doesn't extend all the
way to the right side of the screen, which is really annoying... you'd
have to drag your mouse way over to debug/inspect the morph.  Given
that, I'd say the halo behavior is vastly improved overall with these
two changesets.  (I would often need to inspect StringMorphs when
working on Whisker... oh wait, those were IndentingListItemMorphs. :-) )

> Anyone played with the 2nd version? any comments?

Seems to work fine so far.

Now we just need to make a similar fix for IndentingListItemMorphs,
which are used in the SimpleHierarchicalListMorphs in the file list,
object explorer, etc. :-)  (see
SimpleHierarchicalListMorph>>adjustSubmorphPositions)

- Doug