[VM][UNIX][CVS] Latest updates / FFI / ephemerons

Alexander Lazarević Alexander at Lazarevic.de
Sun Aug 10 16:56:34 UTC 2003

Am Sonntag, 10. August 2003 17:24 schrieb Bert Freudenberg:
> I wonder if due to Ian's changes the cdecl calls broke? Both FFITester
> and X11 examples use cdecl. Perhaps you could try to replace these with
> apicalls?

I tried that too, but that makes no difference (see the mail about the library
path).

I seem not to be able to verify the promised increased performance of the
alternative callout mechanism compared to the old one using libffi. I get
about the same timings using the code below with a 3.4 vm (with libffi) and a
3.6 (with x86-sysv). Somehow I was expecting that the time spent in
primitives had to be significant lower in the 3.6 case. Maybe it's just my
naive profiling method?

Alex
--
Sommerpause: "Sommerpause heißt bei uns: man muss zum Grillen und Biertrinken
nicht mehr ins Büro fahren." -- Harald Schmidt