[ENH][Refactor] PLMCleanUpStart

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 11 04:12:32 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 09 August 2003 04:54 pm, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> > Surely the maximum practical size that is relevant is the Display
> > width? Actually I guess it is really (Display width - morph left)
> > but plain Display width would probably do.
>
> Until you change the window or screen size.
Sure, but why is that an issue? IIRC Andreas made the point that one
wouldn't want to resize these morphs all the time, which leads me to
believe that they can be resized. Assuming that this is true, what would
be wrong with resizing them on the rare occasions that the Display is
resized? After all a pretty big redraw is done then anyway. I'm not
particularly invested in any of this but it does seem like keeping
the morph size realistic might be a help is reducing the excessive
redrawing that is claimed to be part of the morphic performance drain.
And that is something I'd really like to see improved.

tim
Strange OpCodes: TOAC: Turn Off Air Conditioner