Method source pointer encoding (was: Squat progress 7 August2003: method IDs)

Roel Wuyts wuyts at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Aug 11 15:19:50 UTC 2003

After discussing with Stef we saw that we did not understand at first
what you meant by moving target. I think you mean: 'probably somebody
else is going to touch this SourceFiles mess in order to have a
different source pointer incoding, so don't you guys mess with this as
well'. True? If you do, my next obvious questions is: is somebody going
to do this now? If not (or only after a while), I do the changes I
proposed before (because it hurts every time I see them). If so, then
be my guest and change this ugly looking code as well. So, what will it
be?