[VM][UNIX][CVS] Latest updates / FFI / ephemerons

Alexander Lazarević Alexander at Lazarevic.de
Wed Aug 13 03:40:11 UTC 2003

Am Sonntag, 10. August 2003 17:48 schrieb Alexander Lazarević:
> The FFI X11 examples fail because of a missing library path. Setting
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/X11R6/lib make these work again for me.

Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH everytime is a little cumbersome. The following patch
removes the manual path checking in tryLoading() and enables dlopen again to
find the libraries by itself (4.1-4). It also changes the search order for
modules/libraries.

1. current working directory
2. every path in the environment variable SQUEAK_PLUGIN_PATH (colon-separated
list of directories)
3. VM_LIBDIR (set at compile time)
4.1 LD_LIBRARY_PATH
4.2 list of libraries cached in ld.so.cache
4.3 /usr/lib
4.4 /lib

I don't know if this patch breaks things on other unices where the manual path
checking might be necessary.

Skøl,
	Alex
--
"I've coughed up scarier stuff than that!" -- Grampa