[VM][UNIX][CVS] Duplicate work

Alexander Lazarević Alexander at Lazarevic.de
Wed Aug 13 10:11:48 UTC 2003

Am Mittwoch, 13. August 2003 09:56 schrieb Bert Freudenberg:
> I sent a fix similar to this to Ian a while a go. Croquet was broken
> because it could not find the OpenGL library. Didn't that make it into
> the sources? Anyway, see my attachment, which preserves the stat() call.

Let me quote[1] what Stephane said a while ago on a complete different topic.

"Sorry I'm really pissed of by some of the emails I read"

There are 22 developers registered at sourceforge, who have write access to
the cvs repository. Why are patches sent to vm maintainers off list? Why
aren't they applied directly to the cvs sources where they belong to? So they
would be visible for everybody and the vm maintainers could use tags or
whatever to mark the last milestone approved by them. The current situation
is, that patches get sent directly to the vm maintainer and then uploads to
cvs follow sooner or later. With that scheme no cvs repository is necessary,
just a ftp server the vm maintainer could do uploads to would be good enough.

Ok, I just wish cvs could be brought to better use and with this the vm
development process would be more ... ah ... open?

Off to burn some disk packs,
	Alex

[1] http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/squeak/781811
--
"Hey, hey, this is not a lending library. If you're not going to buy
that thing, put it down or I'll blow your heads off."  -- Apu