Refactoring Browser Rewrite Editor plans

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Wed Aug 13 18:43:34 UTC 2003

I am somewhat interested, though I haven't worked on it much lately. If
you look at the FinderTool in the *UserInterface category, you'll see
that it is already possible to do some basic searches (now that I think
of it, one example is patterns such as "SourceFiles at: <anything>".

The reasons I worked on the FinderTool, and not the full rewrite rule
editor are two:
A. The rewrite rule editor is usually quite hard for people to get used
to.
B. A "find" is easier to use, but a good prelude, to a rewrite.

But it might be nice to complete the tool set. What did you have in
mind? the usual UI? something smarter?

Daniel