Squeak on Linux

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Thu Aug 14 01:17:22 UTC 2003

Hi all,

ok, folks, I've had it.

I now don't have a swiki running on our web servers because I can't get
a Squeak VM to run on a RH 7.1 System.

Non of the rpms or tar balls work, as they are all linked against glibc 2.3?
squeak: /lib/i686/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by
squeak)

And, as these boxes are servers, I don't have the X header files
installed to compile a VM (and I won't install X on these machines
either). And I'm also not really willing to install a 7.1 on another
machine just to compile a VM.

Any takers?

What ever happened to the new download page?

Fuming

Michael