SystemNavigation and deprecated methods

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Thu Aug 14 06:04:25 UTC 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 12:03:49PM -0700, Chris Muller wrote:

> I haven't tried the RefactoringBrowser since.. 3.4 or so.  I ran into some kind
> of compatibility issue..  can't remember what it was right now.
>
> I hope it has been fixed because I really like the Lint tool.  As for the rest
> of it, my main problem with it was the rewrite of the browsers instead of
> integration into the existing browsers.  Some enhancements I've become
> accustomed to in the standard browsers were unavailable in the Refactoring
> browsers and I would frequently find myself in the wrong type of browser.

I think It would be nice to actually move the Rafactoring browser in
the image. There are manu reasons:
1) It's no module. It's a patch.
2) Lots of the subsystems of RB have allready counterparts in the image,
these should get integrated. e.g. it has a parseTree that is much more
nicely to work with than the standard squeak one (and which are used by
the closurecompiler). If we integrate it with the system, it could use
the standard Scanner/parser. Same for other parts.
Some Tools (Lint) could be made packages. And the Tests really needs to be
in its own package.

  Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de