SystemNavigation and deprecated methods

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Aug 15 06:31:42 UTC 2003

Marcus Denker <marcus at ira.uka.de> wrote:
> I think It would be nice to actually move the Rafactoring browser in
> the image. There are manu reasons:
> 1) It's no module. It's a patch.
Actually, it is mostly a module. It has rather too many patch elements
mostly because "working out of the box" and "being a module" use to
clash far more than they do now (no dynamic open menu when I produced
the current version, IIRC). Also it was rather difficult to get trivial
patches into the image... you get the idea.

> 2) Lots of the subsystems of RB have allready counterparts in the image,
> these should get integrated. e.g. it has a parseTree that is much more
> nicely to work with than the standard squeak one (and which are used by
> the closurecompiler). If we integrate it with the system, it could use
> the standard Scanner/parser.
Problems -
A. It is a non trivial piece of software, so its worth thinking about
whether thats something we really want in the image.
B. Putting stuff in the image makes it harder to maintain.
C. Unclear license.

Daniel