[BUG] TextConstants value causes debugger in 3.6 beta

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Aug 15 15:14:56 UTC 2003

On Friday 15 August 2003 04:02 am, Phil Hargett wrote:

> Simplest answer: 1) SqueakMap lists it as a package ready to be
> installed in my system, leading me to believe that if I want it I
> should install it,

It's listed as a package for 3.4. Turn on "display only packages for
this version" in the SMLoader menu. We turned off the flag at some
point in the 3.6alpha period because there were many 3.5 packages
(and 3.4 packages) that would actually work in 3.6 but weren't marked
as such.

> and 2) where do we publish (in an obvious way
> for users who are new or who have been away for awhile, as in my
> case) the list of packages pre-installed?

I think that it would be a great project for some member of the Squeak
community to come up with a version summary.

As far as SqueakMap packages go, I'd recommend that:
* their Squeak Version tags are kept accurate
* if they're in the image, then their description should indicate
which version is in the image.

> I'm glad that it is pre-installed in the base image (such a good
> feature), but it sounds like a nice addition to SqueakMap might be
> to filter out packages that have been pre-installed.

There is some of this already happening. For instance, the
SARInstaller will be marked as being installed.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com