Ancient (1996?) Tablet PC and Squeak

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Fri Aug 15 17:55:54 UTC 2003

Hi David --

The copying and pasting sounds very tedious very quickly.

Duane Maxwell and his group at exobox did a great thing, which was to
run Mozilla as a Squeak plugin -- they used it to catch cases that
they had not written specific UIs for, and I had the impression that
this worked very well. It would be interesting to see whether this is
still a reasonable idea.... this is one of those cases where it is
probably not worth it to even try to reverse engineer a hefty subset
of modern browser features (as ugly as they might be)....

But I'm curious as to the opinions of others on the list regarding this issue.

Cheers,

Alan