Trying to build SerialPlugin for IrDA under MPW (MacOS 8.6)

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Fri Aug 15 20:10:25 UTC 2003

John M McIntosh wrote:

> a) You might want to, as already pointed out try the enhanced/extended
> serial port plugin to add this
> capabilities to.
Where would I find that? For the moment, I started with the bits and
pieces that were just lying around :-)

> b) Mmm ask management to get you a copy of codewarrior eh? Might need
> to get a old
> copy off ebay  to support 8.6 tho.
Since this is a private project, management == self wife.
And she says I'm already spending too much time with the machine, so no
money for more toys :-(

> c) If you come to OOPSLA 2003 you own me a beer
I can't make it to OOPSLA :-(
However, you will get a beer (and probably some more) when we'll meet
next time anyway :-)

> d)You get a (cfragInitFunctionErr -2821A fragment's initialization
> routine returned an error.)
>   error on the GetDiskFragment() call. It says that CarbonLib is the
> issue.
> VM starting about 3.0.2 were carbonized for os-8.x/9. Which VM are you
> using?
3.50b4 classic.

> Also I'm not sure what the problem is, could be the carbonlib stub, or
> the carbonlib extension. Go visit
> http://developer.apple.com/carbon/ and ensure you've got the right
> version of everything on the machine
> and in your development environment, and of course you are trying to
> use a carbonized VM and if you think
> you are linking the carbonlib stub into your plugin

I've got CarbonLib SDK 1.6, which seems to be the latest.

Ok, so I'll try a little more.
Maybe I need to set up MPW to compile the VM - gack...

Cheers,
Hans-Martin