Trying to build SerialPlugin for IrDA under MPW (MacOS 8.6)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Aug 15 21:35:08 UTC 2003

Well it seems to say you've some sort of problem dealing with the
carbonlib that you linked into the plugin
I'd check to see if the stub you are getting is the right one.

Also for 3.5.0 seem I'm using the 1.5 version of carbon lib, guess I
update that for 3.6, perhaps you are
linking with 1.6 and that's an issue?

Also perhaps try a 3.0.x carbon macintosh VM

also see
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Conceptual/
carbon_porting_guide/cpg_buildstruct/chapter_3_section_7.html

http://developer.apple.com/tools/mpw-tools/relnotes/carbonstdclib.html

On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 01:21  PM, Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:

> Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:
>>
>> John M McIntosh wrote:
>>>
>>> a) You might want to, as already pointed out try the
>>> enhanced/extended
>>> serial port plugin to add this
>>> capabilities to.
>> Where would I find that? For the moment, I started with the bits and
>> pieces that were just lying around :-)
> Ahh, found it on the CVS... I still need getting used to that thing.
> Ok, so I'm back to reading and trying to understand that stuff...
>
> Cheers,
> Hans-Martin

===