Squeeek Leenooks Framebuffer. =)

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Sun Aug 17 17:43:59 UTC 2003

Stephane Ducasse wrote:
> > Also, I am eagerly awaiting the results of the SystemDictionary
> > refactoring and cleanup because it mighmt be exactly what I need to
> > implement a working prototype of my Sphere operating system. =))))

> Could you tell us what aspects are getting in your way?

1. general confusedness... -- nothing that isn't already beeing taken
care of....

2. Poor object behavior... What I mean by that is System Dictionary
seems to be designed to operate as an environment and its object
behavior is quite poor -- a mere artifiact of it being written in
smalltalk rather than a useful feature. This is even more the case with
Display because there doesn't seem to be any way to use it with
multi-window systems, remote X sessions, and systems with multiple
physical displays...

I wish I could explain myself better. =P

--
"Nobody wants to say how this works. Mabye nobody knows."
        - The man page for XF86Config, One of the key config files

http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/