3.6 Full release testing (was Re: [BUG]? Upgrade to fullimagescript behavior)

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Sun Aug 17 18:24:32 UTC 2003

Stephane Ducasse wrote:

> I agree with daniel. It is really important for 3.6 to have the same
> appeal for beginners than 3.5.
> As soon as we know that we can remove the packages having a full image
> is great. While loading then

Me three, I mean, I agree too.

The absolutely worst thing we could do would be to make it hard for
people (not just beginners) to use a full image.

I also think that we need to figure out a way how to keep a full image
updated, although we might run into problems there. The network rewrite
is a good example where there were certain time periods where someof the
packages were broken.
At least the stable releases have to pass the integration tests (meaning
a full image that works with the most uptodate packages).

Michael