Sublicensing

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Aug 18 10:07:59 UTC 2003

Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> Ok, I created a proposal/FAQ. Please, anyone joining in, read it before
> you do.
> It is at - http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeakfoundation/103
> Those already in the fray, please read it and let me know if anything
> there seems wrong/incomplete, whatever.

You write "I" but did not sign it. I see that as invitation to add ;-)

Ordering: SqueakL should go on top (1.2->1.1), as it is the current license.

1.3: You do not state the difference of BSD and MIT, with a slight
preference for BSD du to the court trial, yet in 4. you propose MIT. Why?

Add 1.5: "However, SqueakL is free for all practical purposes. That
means you can download, use, and modify Squeak as you wish and
distribute or even sell your own Squeak-based projects. If your
published projects changes something in existing classes or the Virtual
Machine, you have to publish those changes in source code, but any
additions may be kept private." I put this on the Swiki right away.

2.2: There were companies whose lawyers did not have problems with
SqueakL as it stands. So your statement is not correct.

4: Did we agree on MIT? I think there should at least be some sort of
vote. I'm not opposed to this, but since I do not exactly know the
difference of MIT vs. BSD I hope others do ;-)

-- Bert