Sublicensing

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Mon Aug 18 15:43:43 UTC 2003

On Sunday, August 17, 2003, at 04:03  PM, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> Ok, I created a proposal/FAQ. Please, anyone joining in, read it before
> you do.
> It is at - http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeakfoundation/103
> Those already in the fray, please read it and let me know if anything
> there seems wrong/incomplete, whatever.

What's there looks fine to me.

I think there should be some mention of the idea of assigning copyright
to the Squeak Foundation. I have more questions than answers on that
point, so I haven't added it to the FAQ.

- Assuming we begin moving towards the MIT license, it won't be
necessary for licensing purposes.

- There might be some value in having the Squeak Foundation as a
lawsuit magnet.

- I have yet to find any evidence that the Squeak Foundation actually
exists, so maybe it's a moot point.

Colin