Sublicensing

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Aug 19 15:56:44 UTC 2003

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Göran,
>
> > Again, and I am getting somewhat tired to repeat this: I am
> > not talking about the Right or Wrong of the two licenses
> > involved here. I am talking about the very fact that we
> > have TWO licenses currently.
>
> Okay, fine. So you talk about the fact. But what's your problem with it? It
> seems to me that you haven't made it quite clear as to what your concerns
> are. (of course, I am assuming that you _do_ have a problem with it or else
> I think you wouldn't talk about it in such length; if you are merely
> rambling please let me know ;-)

It bothers me, too.  Having multiple licenses makes things more
complicated.  If Squeak-L is okay for VM's, then let's lobby for all the
VM's to be put under it.  If there needs to be something more for VM's,
then let's at least use the *same* Squeak-VM-L for all VM's to use.

And besides that, we *definitely*  need to have accurate descriptions on
the download pages.  I hadn't thought about this before, but it's true.
For people who do worry about obeying the law, it is important to know
what licenses are involved.

Lex