3.6 Full release testing (was Re: [BUG]? Upgrade to full image

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Tue Aug 19 16:58:27 UTC 2003

Martin Wirblat wrote:
> I think too that it is very important to have an update stream for
> 'Full', because this way 'Full' is tested most conveniently and most
> thoroughly. In fact the test of 'Full' is _the_ cardinal test, because
> 'Full' is the release and 'Basic' is only part of it.

In what way is an update stream specifically for Full the only
convenient way to test the Full image?  When you download a full image,
you can update the Full packages using Squeakmap, and pull in the same
updates to the base code, the same as everyone else, through the update
stream.

I still fail to see how this is any less convenient.

Julian