3.6 Full release testing (was Re: [BUG]? Upgrade to full image script behavior)

Göran Krampe goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Aug 19 20:23:13 UTC 2003

Hi Doug!

Citerat från Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com>:
[SNIP]
> See my response to Goran, I merely wanted to add a convenience yes/no
> prompt for people to switch to Full if they want by loading the packages
> via SM.  I think this is actually simpler than regularly providing Full
> and Basic alpha images on the ftp site.  The update stream would still
> stick to the Basic image, but people with Full images could follow along
> also.
>
> - Doug

I am all with you on this Doug! :-) Everything sounds dandy.

Now, that we hopefully have this decision out of the way I think the single most
important issue to ensure that the Full image will work properly is actually to
make sure we have dedicated maintainers for those packages! If we have that then
they will make sure their packages work as they should.

And another thing - I am tomorrow adding categories for marking these 9 packages
as being "Squeak official".

regards, Göran

Göran Krampe, goran.krampe at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
Smalltalk - a place where objects live, not a language.