Sublicensing

Stoffel, Andrew andrew.stoffel at jenzabar.net
Tue Aug 19 20:24:28 UTC 2003

> From: Colin Putney [mailto:cputney at wiresong.ca]

> On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 11:54 AM, Alan Kay wrote:

> > In other words, what Disney actually owned, we were careful to leave
> > behind, and Disney owns nothing else. Apple really did own all the
> > rights to its early implementation of Smalltalk-80 (as did the other
> > first adopters -- but not the later adopters).
>
> I'm really confused by this last bit. This is the second time
> in recent memory that someone has stated that Disney doesn't own
> any of the their contributions to Squeak.

I'm, personally speaking, confused by the confusion. %-).

My interpretation of Alan's statement is that all the work done
 IN/WITH Squeak while Squeak Central was at Disney FOR Disney was
kept separate from Squeak Central contributions to publicly available
Squeak so that there isn't any "contamination" of "public" Squeak
with Disney owned squeak-work.

Or am I misunderstanding this (Always possible... ) ?

And is there any chance that this whole licensing discussion can be
given it's own subject tag to make it easier to filter it into
the appropriate place in assorted e-mail client mailboxes/folder/collections

for those following or not following this discussion, as the case may be...
if there isn't one already...

:-).

-Andy-

---