SVI is really neat !

Steven Swerling sps2000 at mail.com
Wed Aug 20 08:01:53 UTC 2003

Romain,

rrobbes wrote:

 >   Really nice job Steven !
 > I can't wait to see it on Squeakmap (I guess it should
 > happen soon, since you registered part of it separately,
 > like the KeyMapper).

Sorry for the delay in response. And thanks, it's nice to be caught
offguard with a little praise.

As you noticed, I pinched the Keymapper (multi-key keybindings for
commands) and the Undo/Redo machinery out of SVI, tweaked them to work
with a standard TextMorph, and put them on SqueakMap. I think for most
people, that's about as close to SVI as they would care to get.

As for SVI itself, I have been steadily fixing bugs and adding minor
features since the last release, but I won't put another version out for
a couple months at least, as there are some features I wish to make, and
known bugs I want to squash. Also, I would prefer to wait for the next
stable release after 3.4 (I'm not sure which that would be -- 3.6,
3.7?), but if that takes too long I'll just release an update for 3.4.

Steve S.