3.6 Full release testing (was Re: [BUG]? Upgrade to full image

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Wed Aug 20 18:44:59 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 05:13  AM, Martin Wirblat wrote:

> Hi Göran,
>
> And if it is not in the image, it is not being used and so it will not
> get tested. That would be a big change in practice.

Whatever gave you that idea? There are several packages on SqueakMap
that I use *constantly.* I'm sure I'm not the only one. You seem to
think that if something is not in the image or the update stream it
doesn't exist. This isn't true.

> The Full-stream would give us a cheap testing-setup by giving as many
> people as possible the chance to play around with Full _before_ the
> release, even if we can't test everything 100%.

I don't see how putting something in the update stream has any impact
on how well it's tested. People will test things that are important to
them. If they are important they'll get them from SqueakMap just as
readily as from the update stream.

If they're not important, they won't get tested. And that's a good
thing. Let's not waste time testing stuff that nobody uses.

Colin