opengl in squeak

Wiebe Baron wiebe at cosmocows.com
Wed Aug 20 20:49:27 UTC 2003

Shalabh Raizada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone give me the dope on opengl in squeak? which url should i see
> for info.
>
> www.cosmocows.com/OpenGL/ is a dead link.

Hi,

The link should still be active though I haven't maintained the code since
CosmoCows moved development to VisualWorks around the 3.1 timeframe. I
suspect the code will need to be heavily updated to work with 3.6.
I'm no longer at CosmoCows so if there's interest I could do this and put it
on Squeakmap. It only works with Windows (though I think there's a Linux
version floating around somewhere) so if you're interested in accelerated
graphics in general rather then OpenGL specifically you should look at
Balloon3D. Or you can join the rest of us and wait for an Open Croquet port
;-)

Cheers,
Wiebe.