[GOODIE] Method Annotations

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Thu Aug 21 23:29:06 UTC 2003

Roel Wuyts <wuyts at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
	- why it has to be *IN* the method. Like Craig and Michael mentioned,
	you could also keep them someplace else, associated with the method.
	This is what I did with my type things: I keep them in a dictionary
	somewhere, with the CompiledMethod as key (CompiledMethods are around
	anyway :-) ). You coud even file such things out as doIts without too
	much trouble (to remain lightweight). But again, I think it depends on
	what you want to do.

I would direct people's attention to Annotea (the link will be found near
the top of the list on the left of the http://www.w3.org/ home page).
The point is that
    "annotation X is *visible* in the code when browsing"
and
    "annotation X is *stored* in the code"
are different and independent propositions.