Dynabook Usability

kosh777 at yahoo.com kosh777 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 20:06:39 UTC 2003

Gary,

I'm in the same boat as you, except that instead of
figuring things out on paper and then going to the
computer, I am contstantly working with both. I can't
seem to shake the pen/paper habit.

But have you considered simply attaching an external
monitor and keyboard to a tabletPC and use it in
dual-display mode?

If I ever talk myself into buying one of those things,
I would do my 'main work' on the larger, higher-res
monitor at eye-level with a full-sized keyboard. I
then feel like I'm at a 'real computer'. But then I
also have the tablet in my lap to 'take notes' as I
would a spiral-bound. And all using a single computer.

Too bad Squeak doesn't support multiple monitors.
...or does it? I forget.

--David