Proposed upgrade-to-full prompt

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Aug 22 04:20:00 UTC 2003

I might as well post the upgrade-to-full prompt here before I actually
include it in the update stream, since this is a potentially confusing
prompt.

(Feel free to briefly discuss the content of the prompt here.  But
we've already decided to include the prompt, so if you want to discuss
the merits of whether it should be included, please post back on the
original thread where this was decided... "3.6 Full release testing".)

Here's the prompt:

---------

With this update, you have the opportunity to 'upgrade' your image to
the 'Full' multimedia release for 3.6, if you select 'Yes'.  This will
install these previously removed packages into your image via
SqueakMap: BaseImage Tests, Celeste, Games, VMMaker, Benchmarks,
Scamper, and Balloon3D.  You can then continue to follow the update
stream with your Full image.  However, the update stream will not
update these separate packages; you will need to update them yourself
in SqueakMap if they become out of date.  (Which you can do by opening
a Package Loader and using the 'display installed packages' filter.)

Or, if you select 'No', you will stay with the slimmed-down 'Basic'
developer image, and you can follow the update stream that way.  This
is the default option.

Would you like to load these extra packages to move to a 'Full' image?

Yes/No