[BUG][MC] New MC doesn't merge with old versions

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Fri Aug 22 10:52:54 UTC 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 06:12:58PM -0700, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
>
> > I had an old MC, with mcv files. I upgraded it, and tried to merge with
> > an mcz file made in 1.217. Got the below, because MCDirectoryRepository
> > assumes all old files have the currently use extension. Probably should
> > look the file up by its actual name...
>
> Anyone who loaded my recent release should update again from SM; an old
> bug (that disabled the Merge button) had snuck back in a few revisions
> back.

Hi Avi,

I just tried to install Monticello-ab.3.mcz in my images. (I'm
tracking Monticello releases, so the one in the image
is the one you sent as a .cs to the list).

After installing Monticello-ab.3.mcz I get a dnu if I click
on any file in the FileList2:

MCDictionaryRepository class fileReaderServicesForFile:suffix:?
22 August 2003 12:50:10 pm

VM: Mac OS - Squeak3.5 of '11 April 2003' [latest update: #5180] Squeak VM
3.5.2b1
Image: Squeak3.6beta [latest update: #5395]

MCDictionaryRepository class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
#fileReaderServicesForFile:suffix:
	Receiver: MCDictionaryRepository
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		aMessage: 	a Message with selector:
#fileReaderServicesForFile:suffix: and argum...etc...
	Receiver's instance variables:
		superclass: 	MCRepository
		methodDict: 	a MethodDictionary(#=->a CompiledMethod
(1751) #allVersionInfos->a ...etc...
		format: 	134
		instanceVariables: 	#('description' 'dict')
		organization: 	('as yet unclassified' = allVersionInfos
description description:...etc...
		subclasses: 	nil
		name: 	#MCDictionaryRepository
		classPool: 	nil
		sharedPools: 	nil
		environment: 	a SystemDictionary(lots of globals)
		category: 	nil

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de