[GOODIE] OggPlugin

Russell Penney russell.penney at tincanct.com
Sat Aug 23 13:10:35 UTC 2003

This is a plugin to play OGG/Vorbis files in Squeak.

It is VERY simple and I have only tested it with OGG files I have on my
machine. Also I am not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination
(either c or smalltalk) so the implementation is probably buggy and not
to be trusted with your beer or women.
I am posting it mainly to get comments back from the brains trust.
In the process of writing it I have found that plugins are a black art,
some do's and don't's from the expert about memory allocation in plugins
would be a very good thing. The sound system makes no sense to me and
some explanation of the main functions is required (actually I think a
complete rewrite as there are some very strange dependencies built into
it).
I have stolen I mean been inspired by the MPEG plugin (thank you John)
i.e. I have copied MPEGFile and StreamingMP3File and ripped out the
functions I didn't need.