[UPDATES] 7 for 3.6beta, including "full" prompt

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Aug 25 16:19:51 UTC 2003

Marcus wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 01:31:27AM -0400, Doug Way wrote:
>

>>These are the latest approved fixes (which are not for 3.7alpha), plus
>>the latest SARInstaller w/fixes, and the much-discussed "upgrade to
>>full" prompt.
>>

>Could you remove the BaseImage test from the upgrade-package?
>It really makes no sense to run the Testsuite in any other
>image than the latest alpha.

Hmm, I think there might be a *little bit* of value in having the
testsuite easily available for people to stumble across in a 3.6final
full image, partly to show the current state of the tests for 3.6final,
and to encourage people to play with and learn about tests.  (But we'd
need SM2, or have a separate 3.6 version of the package.)

But mostly I agree with you that it's not really that important to have
in there, and the most important function of the testsuite is to follow
the latest alpha.  Also, I guess this is a frequently updated package.
Plus, tests weren't really part of the original Squeak full/multimedia
image until recently.  And the testsuite could potentially grow to be
quite huge.

So I will remove it. :-)

- Doug