[UPDATES] 7 for 3.6beta, including "full" prompt

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Aug 25 18:33:17 UTC 2003

Stephane Ducasse wrote:

> Doug and other
>
> please have a look at the KCP submissions related to systemNavigation
> this is important that
> they are in 3.6 so that 3,7 will not undeprecate certain methods. This
> way the sotry around
> systemNavigation can be closed (even if after we will have to clean
> systemNavigation because we just move the code there and this is often
> not consistent).

I don't have a lot of extra time myself for harvesting individual items,
since I am already handling the incorporation of items into the update
stream (which takes a bit of time).  But Daniel has been looking at this
stuff in the past, so perhaps he (or someone else) can give them a quick
review and approve the appropriate items for 3.6?  Obviously we don't
want any new enhancements or major refactorings in 3.6, just bug fixes.

Regarding my incorporating duties, on the bright side I've created an
UpdateIncorporationTool which works with the BFAV and has automated some
of the tasks... I used it for the last batch of updates.  I'll post it
on SqueakMap soon.  (Not that anyone else will need it right now, but
perhaps in the future.  And of course it doesn't include the password
for write access to the updates server. :-) )

Speaking of 3.6, we've just passed the date we tentatively set for
moving 3.6 from beta to gamma.  Things seem to be getting a bit more
stable now with 3.6beta, but we should probably have at least one last
round of bug fixes before moving to gamma.  Maybe we should shoot for
this Friday for the move to gamma?  Also, creating a gamma image this
time will mean I need to put together a Full release candidate image in
addition to the Basic release, so it'll be a little extra work.

- Doug