[Magma] leftover sessions and more

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 16:53:25 UTC 2003

Martin Drautzburg wrote:

I am using a Magma server-only with "local" connections. For some
reason I cannot get rid of some MagmaSessions:

MagmaSession allInstances size 7

following objects pointing to this value I find
MagmaRepositoryController and a number of methodContexts, most of them
printed in red.

How can I clean this up ? (I did purge undo records and collect garbage)

==========

First, empty out the class variables in MagmaSession (ConnectedSessions and
KnownLinks) and MaRepositoryController (OpenControllers).

Next, for 1.0gamma5, the answer is to close your sessions and repository from
now on before saving your image.

There are a couple of bugs related to saving the image with open sessions and
repositories that I have fixed in 1.0gamma6 (still unreleased) that should
clear this up.

This should clear it up.  If it doesn't, e-mail me and I'll send you a
pre-release of 1.0gamma6 which I guarantee doesn't have this problem.

Due to the network rewrite, I have not released 1.0gamma6 until I can get it
going with the new Socket (who is working on this?  any info on what changes
were made would be greatly appreciated!).

Hope this helps,
  Chris