[Q] What is the status of the "network rewrite?"

Michael Rueger michael at squeakland.org
Wed Aug 27 21:10:20 UTC 2003

Chris Muller wrote:

> I would like to get Ma client server, which Magma uses as its core networking
> module, up to date with the latest 3.6 changes.
>
> What changes have been made to Squeaks Socket class and what is the best
> approach for updating my code?

The low level interface to Socket hasn't changed that much in the
rewrite. You can see the difference by comparing the ocde in OldSocket
and Socket. You may also want to consider using SocketStream to put a
stram abstraction between your server code and the network/Socket
communication.

The new protocol clients make use of SocketStream as an example.

Michael